VASTU SHASTRA IN BUILDING PLANNING
A dwelling built entirely according to the principles of Vastu is the most powerful method to build true bridges between the forces of nature and the residents.
Vastu is a complex, and at times, a seemingly esoteric science, but ultimately it always leads to stable objects in material form. These universal principles have been implemented in buildings on all continents and in all cultures, which have been radiating Vaastu energy for centuries after their creation.
The Vastu scriptures focus almost exclusively on the construction of new buildings. The design of an object is created first in the creative center of the Creator, “the Architect.” The architect gives all structures a form. It is the same in Vastu. The Vastu consultant or Vastu architect begins well before the excavation of the building site with the design-creation of an energetic building. The Vastu consultant/architect defines the precise measures and prepares to bring the structure into perfect form.
Accompanying the design, construction and execution project
- Placement of building on plot
- Orientation of building to cardinal directions, considering declination and declivity
- Calculating Nakshatra (moon star according to Vedic astrology) compatibilities of residents
- Calculation of possible auspicious perimeter measures according to the 16 Ayadi formulas
- Defining the form of the building
- Determination of harmonic proportions
- Calculating possible wall and ceiling heights
- Apply the 9×9 Vaastu Purusha Mandala on the floor plan
- Identify the center (Brahmasthan)
- Considering energy lines: Brahma Sutra, Soma Sutra and Yoni Sutra
- Design of extensions and deletions
- Placement of primary and secondary doors
- Placement of windows and ventilators
- Placement of interior walls and closets
- Assignment of rooms and room functions
- Placement of pillars and beams
- Determination of roof pitch
- Special consideration of interior elements: stairs, bathrooms, toilet, stove, sink, etc.
- Special consideration of exterior elements: well, ponds, rain catchments, animals, etc.
- Placement of water, electricity, sewage, gas/propane, hot water heater, and heating installations